As a Watch Gang member, you may be exposed to a lot of different types of watches. When one with automatic movement arrives at your door, make sure you know how to charge and set it with this instructional video and helpful how-to guide.
Try doing it yourself a few times and you’ll get the hang of it pretty quickly.
To make it easier for you, let’s recap the steps from the video:
- Unscrew the crown until it pops out to first position
- Now gently pull the crown out into second position, which should allow you to move the hands when rotating
- Move the hands clockwise all the way around past 12 o’clock
- At this point, you should see the date change in the watch’s date window
- Keep rotating the hands until they are set at 6:30
- You can now pull the crown out one more level to third position, which should allow you to move the date forward when rotating
- Keep rotating the crown clockwise until you reach the correct date
- Push the crown back into second position once you have the date correct, then set the time by rotating the crown
- Once the time is set, push the crown in to first position and rotate it 7-10 full turns
- Push the crown in all the way, then rotate the crown to tighten it
Do bear in mind that the world of watches is indeed wide, which means there are always exceptions to a rule. More often than not, however, these steps will work like a charm for any average automatic watch.
If you ever have any questions about how to set or charge your automatic, or if there’s anything else about your account we can assist with, say hello to us at help.watchgang.com and we’ll be happy to assist.
Not a member yet? Signing up takes just a minute. Get started and find the subscription that’s best for you. And don’t forget that all active Watch Gang subscribers are automatically entered into our weekly Rolex and TAG Heuer giveaways!
Be sure to check out more installments of Watch Gang 101, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!