"One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.”
The famous phrase uttered by astronaut Neil Armstrong in 1969 lives on through the Douglas Wolbrook X-15 1969 Limited Edition Skindiver WT Hand Wound Tool watch, the most faithful re-edition to-date of the tool-watch once owned and worn by Neil Armstrong.
The beautiful watch first grabs your initial attention with the Douglas signature logo on the face, highlighted with Green C7 super-luminova on its hands and indices. A hand-finished, brushed 316L stainless steel case includes a hesalite glass box with an inside “cyclops” date window magnifier, as well as screwed caseback strictly numbered to 1969 pieces. And although crafted for space, this Wolbrook comes with 10 ATM water resistance.
The unique function of this timepiece comes with it’s movement, which in the X-15’s case, is hand-wound-Mechanical, powered by the Japanese mechanical Citizen/Miyota 8215 movement.
Douglas Wolbrook X-15 1969 specs:
- Douglas signature logo on the dial
- Special red on white date disk
- Green C7 Super-Luminova® on hands and indices
- 120 click Unidirectional rotatable bezel, 316L stainless steel with black PVD treatment
- Hand finished brushed 316L stainless steel
- Hesalite glass box with an inside “cyclops” magnifier above the date window
- Drilled lugs for easy strap changes
- Water resistance: 10 ATM / 100m
- Screwed caseback strictly numbered to 1969 pieces
- 40mm diameter x 48mm lugs to lugs x 13.55mm thickness
- 20mm lug width
The Douglas Wolbrook X-15 1969 Limited Edition Skindiver WT Hand Wound Tool was originally offered as part of our Watch Gang Platinum subscription.
For more on Wolbrook watches click here.
To see all the previous Watch Gang Platinum timepieces we’ve featured, click here.
If you’re not a Watch Gang member, or if you’re looking to upgrade from Watch Gang Original, click here to join Watch Gang Black and up your style game with watches like the Douglas Wolbrook X-15 1969 Limited Edition Skindiver WT Hand Wound Tool Watch.
To learn more about Watch Gang Platinum Tier click here.